Wednesday, January 26, 2011

hour by hour

strange patten this time...as of last night...I was still recovering from last week's bowel obstruction scare ( still didn't have to go to the hospital) and then right into another round of chemo which was harder on me this time...I felt intense abdominal pressure...started to think I was developing acites ( fluid accumulation from the cancer cells) then finally last night there was a fluid shift and the pressure decreased and this morning is better...not really sure how to navigate all of this other than to stay in the moment...I've missed a lot of work and so grateful to be working again this week...my work is my life-line ...I've also made a decision to try a different environment of care if and when I need to be in the hospital...I thought I was in the Scripps group...I just assumed I had to choose all Scripps locations for everything...it turns out that my PPO lets me choose whomever offers my insurance...I have been hearing about Sharp Memorial for some time now...just recently I heard even more wonderful comments that has inspired me to look more closely at going there next time...all private rooms...excellent cancer floor ...all environments will have pros and cons...just feeling like a change will be good for me...an uplifting hospital would be a wonderful change...who knows...maybe I won't need it at all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers