Wednesday, April 6, 2011

updated medical info

I had my MRI yesterday...and a chest Xray ...barely got to the appointment...I started having bowel obstruction symptoms moments after the Tuesday morning Blend Class and it progressed into intense vomiting and bowel pain...I was on my way to the hospital and then the vomiting actually relieved the pain and pressure and I was able to get to the MRI...I came home feeling ok...and the pain and vomiting started again...I made it through the night and saw Dr. Bahador this morning...got some IV fluids and discussed the MRI report...

The cancer has progressed which now explains the Ca-125 increasing to 16,000...don't ask me why the MRI didn't show progressed disease at 9000....keep in mind this number should be below 35...mine has now been in the high thousands for 9 months...it used to read 4 when I was cancer free....At this point...it still looks like the cancer is still in the original abdominal area and has not spread anywhere else.

The plan is to discontinue the current chemo drug and to switch to a new chemo regimen starting  next Friday.

I have discomfort from fluid build up in my belly and hope I can make it through the week until the new chemo starts...the cancer is causing the fluid build up. This fluid build up is quite difficult and painful...the bowel obstruction pain is a range of discomfort to full blown ice pick stabbing pain...so far I have escaped the hospital but not sure at any moment how that will go. I still haven't been able to eat...just taking sips of fluids.

I have only canceled my morning class called Blend on Thursday morning this week...I hope to feel better so I can teach yoga on Thursday night...I will post on face book and the blog if I can't teach...and of course I will notify Soul of yoga as soon as possible as I know more...at this point...assume I will teach on Thursday night unless otherwise posted.

Please pay extra special attention to my BLOG entries...FACE BOOK entries and EMAILs....this is my only way to communicate with you ...I value our relationships and it means so much to me that we care about one another so deeply...it matters on so many levels!

If you haven't already...sign up to me emailed from my blog posts...just keep in mind it shows up a day late....so a daily check in is a good idea anyway...especially if you are in my life on a daily basis...

So much love to you,
Summer

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping us updated!!! much love to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you so much LIGHT right now and beyond. The teachings of Sri Yukteswar and Yogananda have expanded my consciousness and taught me about the powers of LOVE and INTENTION. Love to your physical, emotional, mental, etheric, astral, and causal bodies!! Going all in : )

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers