Tuesday, June 30, 2009

just like me...

...sharing some more wonderful insights from my favorite teacher...Pema Chodron...

"... the cause of our suffering is our concept of ourselves as a separate, continuous self...whatever we cling to as me or mine causes us suffering. The intensity of our pain is dependent on the intensity of our clinging to to an impermanent ungraspable "I". "

...by thinking and connecting to " just like me"
"we can then free up the kindness of our heart...the fearful heart of ego begins to melt".

..." just as the sun is still shining behind the cloudiness we perceive...so is our unobscured nature of mine hidden behind our self-absorbtion...opinions...biases and concepts and kleshas".

with love,
Summer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers