Sunday, November 28, 2010

no chemo last friday...

I showed up to the hospital on Friday afternoon for chemo..location changed due the holiday schedule...I was hooked up waiting for the chemo and the pharmacist called the Dr. because my blood levels were too low for chemo...white count is scary low and my red count is very low also...Dr. Bahador said it was ok to proceed even though it was low due to the protocol for the 3rd chemo in a row and it's my 4th cycle...I decided on my own to postpone it because I  wouldn't be able to work all week until the blood levels increased again...I opted to skip a week and start again next week if my blood levels improve...I have to wear a mask this week in public and it's even more important that students and friends do not come to classes or visit me with any symptoms at all as I'm at serious risk for infection...

The good news...I feel fantastic...just hiked over 2 hours with mostly hills and I did well and I feel motivated to have a great day and to enjoy that I'm not chemo sick this weekend...

Sending love to all...maybe I'll see you in classes this week! Check side panel for schedule info...

1 comment:

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers