Saturday, March 21, 2009

recent health news!!!

Dear Friends,

I have recently found out some difficult news regarding my health...

The cancer has come back.

The ca-125 has gone up from 8 to almost 400 in a very short period of time...(not good...second blood test was done).

I have already had 2 CAT scans...an MRI...and a full body PET scan... all which have shown nothing.

After talking to Dr. Bahador about this mysterious situation....he said it could be in the Brain and/or in the Peritoneal cavity (intestinal area).

I have a Brain MRI scheduled on Monday at 2:15 and an exploratory diagnostic laperoscopy on Wednesday or Thursday morning...most likely will start chemo or some type of treatment plan by Friday.

I'm doing fairly well...I have moments of what the ... to a calm, peaceful place...

I will let you know as soon as I know more...I will be able to create a cycle with work as I did before...it just depends on what is really going on with WHERE the cancer is and HOW I treat it and WHAT my symptoms will be.

As before, I have decided to share with you what is going on. Your support in the past is what carried me through difficult times and I know your love and support will continue to lift me!

Due to the type of work that I offer...a trainer...a yoga teacher and so much more...it's very difficult to choose who I should tell and who I should not. It's not possible to not hurt someone by telling one person and not another. It's better for me to just be open.

It may be pre-mature to tell you this before the rest of the tests are completed this week...however...due to the blood work...the need for treatment and more tests is unfolding very quickly. I have had to inform my work environments and to let students know that I may be out for a while or now and then. I fully expect to find a rhythm that will offer me a work schedule while I'm undergoing treatment.

I am taking one step at a time and will stay strong as I learn more. I am happier today than I can remember. I have truly learned to take what I experience on the yoga mat and the meditation cushion and apply it to my daily life... No matter what I'm told, I will use it as an experience to live life more deeply...with love and compassion that goes way beyond just words. I have experienced more life in the past few years because of difficult experiences.

Thank you for your friendship...your support and your love!

I will have my husband update my new blog address with updated news when I'm unable to do it myself...the last blog was put to rest and my new blog was supposed to be a celebration after cancer...I'm still going to embrace that idea!!!

Feel free to communicate with me at any time!

As soon as I have more information....I will let you know my work schedule...until a class is shown to be canceled...just assume I'll be there!

  • I will be teaching Yoga at Yoga Vista on Monday night at 6:00 pm
  • I will be teaching Blend at the private residence on Tuesday at 9:15 am
  • I don't know about Thursday morning and evening classes or Saturday of this week...I'll keep you posted by general emails and or the Blog
Please don't be sad for me...be strong for me as I will always be for you!

I am happy and at peace...I will get through this as I always do...it may be difficult...it may be challenging...but I will get through this.

With deep deep love and appreciation,
Summer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers