Wednesday, December 8, 2010

back home

I was released late afternoon yesterday and spent a cautious yet...grateful to be home night...the bowel obstruction is still at a vulnerable transition and yet...I'm taking one step at a time managing . I feel great...I'll be teaching all of my classes and clients that are scheduled from today on. Of course, taking the moments as they come, also means accepting what comes...including hospital visits in crazy ass pain...or crazy belly pain...not fun...yet ...still happens. It makes the time out of the hospital so much more appreciative.

I saw incredible sadness at the hospital...older people dying...older people living as if they were dying...crying out continuously for someone to love them...dementia??? Old age??? Come on people...we can do better....what if as a community...it was all of our responsibility to help each other die with dignity...with love and care...without finances being an issue....all I heard while I was there was the discussion of family members sharing with hospital staff and hospice..."we can't afford his/her care" " we don't know what to do". What if our tax dollars paid into a fund where none of this would be a worry...we all die well...loved and cared for??? What if??????

Even for me...I don't know where I would be if the community hadn't stepped in to help me out...as a community...it helps and means so much when we really open our hearts to care for others...Thank you again and again for the chance to feel what that really means...it has been amazing for me...it just makes you want to give to others just as much or more!

Sending love to all who love and have loved Elizabeth Edwards...I sat in my hospital bed and sobbed for her passing...maybe it was because it made mortality for me too real...maybe because I received courage and love from her...maybe because she represents so many who have to die from cancer...I don't know exactly what my tears were about...maybe it was just her time....what does that really mean? All I know is I'm sad to feel her go...even though...as she says..." all our days are numbered" May I be as courageous and brave and heart-felt as she. Here's to you ...with love and honor...Elizabeth Roberts.


I have chemo again this friday...cycle 5 #2.

 Today...I also have a big check up with the infamous Dr. Bahador...still the sweetest man on Earth...with Ca-125 results...they still may not be accurate due to the bowel obstruction...still checking in on the counts to see.

My spirits are good...my energy is great...my heart is full and ready to share!

Love to all,
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers