Tuesday, May 17, 2011

making progress

  • What a difference an hour can make...a few minutes...a comforting ...reassuring touch by a hospice nurse that we have a plan and she can help with the anxiety and confusion...even if it's for a few minutes.

  • I met with the hospice nurse today...I will continue to meet with her and another nurse 3 times per week or as needed . With the help of friends/caregivers, I'm learning to use new tools for this new way of living .Every moment is just that...the fear comes...the suffering comes when I wonder about the next moment. The strength and the love comes when I can relax .

If I  shared with you all that we have to do to keep this going it would overwhelming to read it...however...we are adapting the best we can. It's only been 3 days since I left the hospital....time is tricky when you're uncertain.

  • If at all possible, Please read the blog prior to your visit so  we can be on the same page right away. It would also be great if we can combine visiting with the volunteer help you wish to contribute unless it's just a simple visit. The less I have to answer the same questions over and over the better..it's amazing how tiring it is just to visit. 

  • There have been some requests for visits this week starting immediately and I think it would be better for me to not schedule too much too soon as I meet with the caregivers this week...there is so much to do and so little time to do it by the time I have met with just the basic needs.


  • I am well supplied with books and magazines so no worries on those things...

I will need someone to go to costco and home depot and will reach out in the next few days as I gather my list and the people who have offerred.

  • Today ...my pain patch was eliminated and the sub Q ( beneath the skin) pain pump dosage was increased to compensate for the changes. I feel extremely medicated right now as I adapt to the changes. Hospice has been extremely helpful with pain management so far. Such a relief !
  • A second nurse will be coming shortly to help with the IV nutrition that was put into place a month ago....this will be ongoing and very helpful!

Summers Hope www.summershope.com is still up and running and the money that has been raised is going directly to paying my bills. I wish I could show you the cards..the money ...the gifts that are making their way to me...the rolled up pennies...it's been amazing ...those of you who have held fundraisers have become my true angels and the love you must feel helping another is beyond description...this is truly the time where words are not enough...nor ever will be...with my limited communication of the English language...I still want to say thank you

With so much love,
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers