Friday, April 24, 2009

sending love and healing to my friend Barbara

Dear Friends,

My friend Barbara needs your love and support ...through prayer or whatever you connect to that brings love and healing...you all have been so thoughtful and caring for me...please add Barbara to your lists of people we need to stay alive because there is more for her to do...she is a wonderful and loving friend to me and now that she lives in Tahoe...I don't get to see her much...I was going to fly there to be with her but am not able due to my own treatment...please join me to send her much love and courage...here is a copy of her letter to her friends...

Hello all,
My right liver lobe resection will be performed at Renown Medical Center in Reno NV at 730am this coming Monday, April 27. The surgeon will be removing the entire right lobe, removing the gall bladder and replacing as much of the bile duct as possible with plastic reconstructive tubing. He will also be opening the entire abdominal cavity to biopsy all other organs because often times cancer is not detected even with a pet-scan. My blood 'cancer markers' seem to indicate no further cancer growth or metastases but while he's in there, best he make sure. The surgery will take approximately eight hours with a week's stay. Paul is flying up to drive me home or I will be transferred to a skilled nursing facility if necessary. Since I am in Stage I cholangiocarcinoma, we are quite hopeful for a complete resection which will remove the tumor. Since this rare type of cancer is incurable by more common treatments such as radiation or chemotherapy, this is it. . . .I am feeling good. Increasingly fatigued since all blood supply is now flowing into the left lobe pushing my diaphragm up and creating a 'shallow breath' difficulty so I'm pretty much having to wait it out until Monday now.
All of you are very dear to me. I ask for your prayers because that is what I am relying on to get through this successfully and ultimately return (perhaps in August) to San Diego to finalize my hand treatment which has been such a blessing . .. .
Thank each of you for all your thoughts for me and the boys!
Love,
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers