Saturday, June 25, 2011

phone call with Pema Chodron

I just had one of the greatest experiences in my lifetime...I had a phone meeting with Pema Chodron for an hour this afternoon...I will slowly share over time our conversation...for now....my heart is full and rich and so appreciative that she and I have finally been able to connect...we were supposed to meet several times in the last several years so we could establish a formal teacher student relationship...she wanted to meet me before committing to her busy schedule...a schedule that almost makes it impossible to take on new students...however, she was willing to add me to her student list but due to my medical needs was unable to get to Colorado...Berkley and Nova Scotia ...all of which were in the works the past few years .

Today we finally connected formally and acknowledged our teacher student relationship in our now unique way...her voice on the phone sounds even younger than her audio recordings...she is amazing and our conversation has and will continue to mean the world to me...in more ways than anyone including her will ever know.

She has requested photos of me with additional information so she can practice Tonglen with me ongoing and I have been given permission to contact her at any time for more of her wisdom as things should come up...

For now...a general view...
We talked about the real fear of Pain...we talked about Death on many levels...we talked about Life...she shared stories that were very helpful...

it is clear why she is my teacher ...she is like no other...

We talked about perception of illness and the blame that is often viewed by some as karma with or without blame and what that does to the person who is ill...she has a very strong opinion about that...

More to come...for now..I was too excited not to share this immediatly!!!!!

I did ask for permission to share my phone conversation with her...she was open and loving about me sharing on my blog...thank you Pema..I love you

3 comments:

  1. Wow..that's so exciting! I have not read beyond Thich Nhat Han as far as Buddhism or Zen Buddhism goes but I know of her. I'll look her up. Feeling all warm and fuzzy now. I will call you monday am to see when I can come visit you : ) Om Shanti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy for you, that you were able to connect with her in such a direct way. I know that must have meant the world. :) Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this incredible meeting. Amazing.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers