Thursday, June 3, 2010

visit to see Pema

As most of you know...I have studied Buddhism for many years now...in some ways, since I was a small child riding the bus to downtown Sacramento visiting all of the churches with my Mom...we would visit each church so my Mom could teach me about God and that God/Love was in every church...I loved the Catholic churches and for a long time ...I could imagine becoming a Nun...the beauty and the feeling really touched me at such a young age....however...when I went into the Buddhist Temple ...I knew I was home...the food ....vegetarian and the environment in general resonated with me...somehow planting a seed for where my life is now.

About 10 years ago I discovered Pema Chodron and her words of wisdom have helped me get through some tough times...as I became to study more ...I was drawn to study within her lineage and have since devoured Buddhist Texts...Buddhist Teachers and Buddhist Studies and practices...I have been transformed as a result of this dedication.

I have requested for Pema to be my formal teacher for quite some time now ....at the time of my original request...she was too busy to add more students...since I have been very patient and consistent in my requests...last year she suggested that I meet her in June( this month) in Berkley/ San Francisco, when she comes to visit her family. I was to have a formal interview and then she would decide if she would be my teacher...as you all know...formally or informally...she will always be my Teacher...she is everything to me!

Now...due to my treatment plan ...here in Mexico and also the home treatment discipline...I can't go to meet her...I just recieved my date to go....June 28 ....just moments ago I emailed her daughter to let her know my situation and that I must request a new date....oh well...what timing...I'm sad and still optimistic about this..she is my teacher so deeply that it's ok...I can feel her strongly...my treatment protocol is too intense to leave for at least 3 months...5-6 hours per day ...and that may also last up to 2 years or more...I'm just grateful to be alive and to have the hope that this can work for me...

Many of you had suggested a road trip to take me to see her and now we have to wait for another time..

Love to all...Love to Pema,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers