Friday, May 21, 2010

Generosity is amazing!!!!

Dear Friends,

Two days ago...I reached out asking for donations to help me get treatment...by 4:30 pm this afternoon...
$30 thousand dollars was donated and I met Tom at Soul of Yoga to pick up a check from the Soul of Yoga's non profit account! Moments later, I was at my bank making arrangements to make payments to the clinic in Mexico!

I am so happy and grateful and a bit tired from the deep love that has been shown. Many people who donated are complete strangers...I have just enough to get to Mexico...so the money that continues to show up will be incredibly helpful for the ongoing medical needs when I return.

After careful research...I have decided to go to Hope 4 Cancer...a clinic in Mexico using the most advanced options for alternative care. I will arrive there this Sunday and start treatment immediately! I will stay in a hotel 5 min from the clinic as an out patient due to unavailability in the main clinic...there are no openings for 2 weeks and I don't have that kind of time!

I'm very happy about my decision and very grateful for the outpouring of support. I have been blessed by the fundraiser from Yoga Vista and the ongoing support and donations that are given through the Soul of Yoga non-profit center. If anyone would like to donate and receive a tax deduction you can contact Soul of Yoga in Encinitas and ask for Serena...she will guide you with the information for donations. I'm so humbled by the response...one person donated $16 thousand dollars...a stranger...who does that???? I'm so touched and surprised and I just don't know what to say...what if this can save my life???? WOW!!!!!However large or small ...even and especially the heart felt cards that were not filled with financial support but emotional support...have lifted me and have helped me ...some of you were sad that you couldn't give me more...please know how special and how important every penny...every loving thought...has helped me feel loved and supported...I will honor you by doing everything in my power to heal and give back that love and kindness for the rest of my life! Every teacher who subbed for me and didn't get paid...every person who shows up to fill up with the loving spirit of yoga...I am forever grateful!!!! Thank you to my friends and clients who are extremely generous in so many ways...I am blessed...I could spend hours thanking everyone...please know how much this means to me!

I will be away in treatment in Mexico for 14 days and back home to continue the treatment for an additional 2 weeks ...full time treatment....once that period of time is complete I continue with a set protocol while continuing to be evaluated and monitored...If this treatment plan works for me then I'll return to my work schedule and my regular personal schedule ...if it looks like I must move on to another treatment plan then I'll be guided as to what is best at that time.

I know what I'm facing ...I know the reality of what I've been given. I also feel at peace with whatever comes. I have so much to be thankful for and I won't waste one moment of this precious time ...I feel so loved and in return I'm given so many opportunities to give love.

Although, I just bought a specific plan for my cell phone to use in Mexico...it's still very expensive...texting isn't so bad...the best thing to do is to blog or email as I have a smart phone to access both of these ways to communicate. Please only call or text if you have an urgent matter ...it's ok ...just be careful...I won't be taking my lap top after all...it's quite costly to on top of my cell phone expenses to add that to the mix...I can email and I can blog through my cell phone...I will send updates so we can keep in touch...there is a phone number there for you to check on me if you need to....I'll send that on soon...

I won't be working for a while...anyone scheduled privately or classes that I teach called Blend will not take place until notified by me...the classes that I teach at Soul of Yoga on thursday nights at 5:30 pm will be taught by a wonderful teacher ongoing until I can return...the monday night 6pm yoga class at yoga vista will also be taught by wonderful teachers...thank you to all who are covering for me!!!

Love to all and deep peace to all,
Summer

blog: www.theinnerhouse.blogspot.com
email: theinnerhouse@gmail.com
cell: 760-707-7610

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers