Tuesday, August 24, 2010

feeling a little better

Each day I've been home from the hospital and ER...I have been feeling better ...the intensity of the pain has shifted to only occasionally...WHEW...I'm extremely sensitive in my belly area...not sure as to what is REALLY causing that but it feels like tight scar tissue from deep inside to superficial...it pulls and makes it hard for me to arch my body back...even slightly...the fluid has completely drained away and now my real body has shown to be thinner than I ever remember...with the liquid diet...it's hard to get enough calories...If I can just stabilize my weight I would be ok...with my allergies and digestive challenges and the risk of bowel obstruction surgery ...I have to be sooooooooooo careful...

I'm allowing soft foods that already have a puree feel to them...papayas...bananas...fruits without skins that are really soft inside...sometimes I can eat and other times I blend with other things...

smoothies are a combination of almond milk...almond butter...different fruits but usually banana and blueberries...I was thinking of adding some coconut frozen vanilla to the smoothies to get good fats and calories ...and I add from the Warrior Food Brand..Raw brown rice protein powder...I take spoonfuls...over several hours until I eat it all...

I have also heated a yam and then took the insides and blended with carton soups like butternut squash and or vegetable broth and blend that with avacado or /and I eat a soft 1/2 avacado plain every other day...

last night Jim brought home Salmon soup from Jimbos and the salmon was so soft that I experimented with a few bites of the soft salmon and that may be why I feel better today...I was so happy to see that it stayed down... I think I could try a bit more of that...

I'm really thin right now and really need ideas for calories and still observe the cautions that are challenging me right now...

I really shouldn't have any spices right now...I know the boxed soups have some in them so I have to be careful with that...

Reminder: My allergies are to SOY...DAIRY...EGGS...WHEAT...GLUTEN....no meat other than the little fish I can get in...

I usually eat only organic unless it doesn't matter for safety...if anyone has any ideas as to how I can eat more calories with small portions...let me know...even the veggie juices from Fountain of Youth have been too strong..maybe by belly is less tender now and I can go back to that...I still have to add calories to that ...

I need greens now and the idea of steaming some bitter greens and then blending them or eating them soft sounds delicious to me...

Olive oil seems to work...I also need seeds...pumpkin seed butter ...sunflower seed butter ...raw and organic ..I could add this to fruit and veggie smoothies...

ALL food has to be cleaned very well...to eat any raw right now on this chemo is risky...but I need the nutrition...

Love to you all of you...I'm better in the smallest of ways but comparing it to the last month of intense pain...it feels huge to me...

1 comment:

  1. These aren't organic, but coconut shouldn't have much in the way of pesticides, etc. if you get the plain. Mango too is pretty pesticide free. Blueberries do have a lot of pesticides if they're not organic, so avoid that flavor.
    http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/coconut_yogurt.html

    I've seen these at Jimbos and other stores like it and Henrys, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers