Sunday, August 22, 2010

GERMS

Now that I'm back on chemo...I have to be extra cautious about germs...the chemo I'm on effects the white and red blood counts and any exposure to bacteria can cause me serious problems...My doctors and nurses have asked me to remind all to:

  • WASH hands every time to come to see me..

  • Do NOT visit if you have been recently exposed to anyone sick or you have even the slightest symptoms of anything

  • If you prepare food for me....WASH food thoroughly and be very cautious about cleanliness

Right now I'm on Liquid nutrition only...many have asked what they can bring me:

ALL ORGANIC when possible especially thin skinned foods

  • papayas
  • yams ( I can cook and make into a puree)
  • avocados (someone just offered to bring me a bag)
  • organic almond milk
  • gift card to Fountain of Youth Juice in Encinitas...they have a card on file for me
  • carton of organic vegetable juice ( prefer fountain of youth vegetable juice fresh when possible)
  • pears
  • apples
  • blueberries ( frozen from Trader Joes is good too)
  • Bananas
  • RAW organic almond butter( very expensive) maybe several of you could go in on one jar 
                  ( a friend is making me fresh almond butter today)
  • Raw organic pumpkin butter/ small jar
  • Raw organic sunflower butter/small jar
  • RAW sprouted Brown Rice protein by a company called Warrior
                         one small jar of plain and one small jar of vanilla
  • Honey ( the healthiest possible)
  • bitter greens to make a smoothie( dandelion greens, Swiss chard/kale/spinach...I'm thinking I should cook first to make safe from bacteria and then make a soup puree)

1 comment:

  1. I love the organic, locally grown apples from the farmer's market by the university and the raw buckwheat honey that's from Temecula (sold at the farmer's market too) - that's one's supposed to be naturally anti-viral/anti-bacterial. Because they're a small local place their not certified organic, but their honey is very pure. Would those be ok?

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers