Wednesday, August 4, 2010

more news ...more tests

I had the fluid drained yesterday and they took 3 1/2 liters from me...AMAZING!!!! I now know why I was sooooooooooooooo uncomfortable...the procedure isn't supposed to be painful but it turned out to be painful for me so next time I need fluid drained...they are going to give me pain meds during and after...I then experienced spasms from the pressure of the fluid being released...I had to take pain meds and it helped...I received a liter of fluids last night and then came home...I'm fasting again for a CT guided biopsy test for today...they are looking to take out fluid from one of the tumors and send it off for compatibility testing for the right chemo match should I decide to go back on chemo. I have a meeting with my Doctor on Thursday to discuss all options...what will give me the longest life with the least amount of side effects and possible complications...I"m open to look at many ideas....and also if I do nothing...what are the side effects that I should expect? This is a week full of testing and information....I'll know more soon! Have a beautiful day...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if this helps, but after reading 'The Brain That Changes Itself' I learned a lot about how the brain works, and about pain... and I've found that I can control it to a degree.
    Often when I put my bottom partial in it's very tight and painful as my teeth are forced out of the way to make room, and if I just focus and imagine a thick steel wall closing in the pain center of my brain and I just repeat to myself, "it doesn't hurt, it doesn't hurt, etc." I find the pain does lessen a great deal right away.
    It helps me, so I thought it might help you, even though I'm sure the kind of pain is completely different.

    I love you. Call me if you need a hand to squeeze (or crush).

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers